This tag started off as a book tag but I thought that I’d repurpose it for musicals! The tag was originally created by TurnedPages on YouTube.
1. Who is the best character?
My personal favorite character is probably Éponine from Les Misérables because I just really relate to her. Also, her songs are amazing.
2. Which character do you most dislike?
I just really dislike Melchior from Spring Awakening. It’s kind of hard to explain.
3. If you could date any character from a musical who would it be and why?
Probably Raoul de Chagny from The Phantom of the Opera. This does not include the mes that is Love Never Dies. I feel like he’s just overall a good guy. He’s nice and I think it’d be easy to laugh with him.
4. If you could change a character in any way what would it be?
Wow… I’ll have to go with Christine Daaé from The Phantom of the Opera. I’d make her a little less naïve. But I don’t know. Maybe that’s just me. But I feel like she could be a little better as a character if she was just a little less naïve.
But, I’m trying to choose different characters for each one so… I think that I’ll have to go with Lucy Harris from Jekyll & Hyde. I’d try to save her life. That counts, right?
5. What character to you made all the wrong choices?
Pippin from Pippin. I can’t really say why because of spoilers, but he makes a lot of… wrong(?) decisions.
6. Out of the five musicals you have chosen for the previous questions, which character was the best villain whom you love to hate?
I would say Javert from Les Misérables, but I don’t consider him a villain. Does the Lead Player from Pippin count?
7. Favorite side-kick character with the most heart?
Rudolf from Elisabeth. I’m not sure that I’d call him a side-kick but he’s definitely a side character and he definitely has a big heart.
I could also go with Jack from Into the Woods.
8. What is your favorite romantic relationship?
Nigel and Portia from Something Rotten! is definitely my favorite at the moment. I love it. Gahh… they’re adorable.
9. What character did you think was the strongest?
Elisabeth from Elisabeth. This one could definitely be debated, but I think that she really was strong. She stood up to Der Tod for so long and kept fighting for herself.
10. Overall favorite character?
Der Tod from Elisabeth. Depends on how you look at it, I guess. But I like him because his motives are kind of ambiguous. Also, he’s got great songs.