This tag started off as a book tag by GirlReading on YouTube but I thought that I’d change some of the questions to make the tag suitable for musical theatre. I really liked the questions so I thought that it would be perfect.
1) A family from a musical that you would like to spend Christmas dinner with?
I’m going to have to say Belle and her dad from Beauty and the Beast. I think that that would be a fun family to hang out with on Christmas for Christmas dinner.
2) A musical theatre item you would like to receive as a gift?
I really, really want the most recent cast recording of Elisabeth with Mark Seibert and Annemieke Van Dam.
3) A musical character you think would make a perfect Christmas elf?
I can just picture Meg Giry from The Phantom of the Opera being a Christmas elf. I’m not even sure why.
4) Match a musical to it’s perfect Christmas song.
I think that I have to say “You’re a Mean One, Mr. Grinch” (Is that even what it’s called?) in application to The Phantom of the Opera because I can just picture Erik/The Phantom hating Christmas. Maybe that’s just me?
5) Bah Humbug. A character from a musical that you’ve been disappointed in and should be put on the naughty list?
Can I say Erik again? Probably not. That wouldn’t be fair. I’ll say der Tod from Elisabeth. Funnily enough, I don’t think that he’d care about being on the naughty list. In fact, I think that he’d probably laugh. But you know… I don’t really think that he’s bad, per say. Maybe Luchini would fit this one too?
6) A character from a musical you think deserves more love and appreciation and deserve to be put on the nice list?
I feel like Rudolf from Elisabeth is pretty under appreciated.
7) Red, Gold and Green. A musical poster that has a wonderfully Christmasy feel to it.
I’m struggling to think of one at the moment. Something Rotten!? It’s got a kind of Christmasy feel to it… I guess…
8) A musical movie adaption that you love so much, you want everyone to find under their Christmas tree this year so they can read it and love it too?
I’m going to go with The Music Man or Oliver! for this one. I think that both are great movies to watch with the family and I think that they’re overall just really fun.