The Seattle 2017 – 2018 Musical Theatre Tour schedules were JUST released and I couldn’t be more excited! Some of my favorite shows are coming my way and I thought that I would make this post today to talk about some of the shows from the tour that I am looking forward to seeing over the next two years at the Paramount Theatre in Seattle!
· AN AMERICAN IN PARIS – I’ve been wanting to see this show for such a long time and when I was in New York, I really hoped to be able to see it but due to my schedule while I was there I was unable to. Hopefully I will be able to catch this show at the Paramount in May! AN AMERICAN IN PARIS has some of my favorite tunes such as “They Can’t Take That Away from Me”.
· THE SOUND OF MUSIC – I saw THE SOUND OF MUSIC pretty recently at Seattle’s community theatre, The 5th Avenue Theatre. I would, however, like to see it again if possible at the Paramount because I have heard that the touring production is spectacular!
· ALADDIN – I never thought that this day would come but now it has! ALADDIN is coming to Seattle and I am just so excited. I’m hoping that one of my best friends and I will be able to catch it come October because it will be a lot of fun! I’ve been wanting to see the stage production of ALADDIN for so long now and if I could see it at the Paramount, my year would be made.
· LES MISÉRABLES – So… I didn’t think that LES MISÉRABLES was going to be coming to Seattle any time soon but it’s coming in 2018 and I am so, so excited. This is another one that my friend and I will be sure to catch. It’s one of our absolute favorites and we definitely will not be passing up the opportunity to go and see it. I’ve seen it on Broadway already but let’s face it, I’ll never get tired of seeing LES MISÉRABLES.
· THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA – I saw the PHANTOM tour about two years ago now and I am so glad that it is coming back to the Paramount. It was one of the best theatre experiences I’d ever had and I would love to see it again live. Hopefully my friend and I will be able to catch this one as well. THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA’s tour set is pretty amazing (though costumes are kind of “meh” in my opinion).
It should be a good two years for Broadway in Seattle and I can’t wait to see how many of these shows that I can catch. Hopefully I’ll be able to catch at least ALADDIN, LES MISÉRABLES, and THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA. If you live in the Seattle area or are visiting and are interested in what other shows are coming to the Paramount in the 2017 – 2018 season, you can visit www.seattle.broadway.com and click the “Upcoming Shows” tab to see the full list of shows coming on tour in 2017 – 2018.
Are any good shows coming to where you live in the 2017 – 2018 season? If so, which ones do you plan on going to see?