Hallo, leute! As a person who spends way too much time watching YouTube videos, I spend a lot of time watching Booktube videos especially! And recently, there’s been a tag going around Booktube called the “Not a Booktube Newbie” tag and I’ve got a regional competition today so I thought that I’d do something simple and make a similar sort of tag… but for musical theatre! Los geht’s!
1. How long have you been a fan of musical theatre?
· It’s been a while! I’d say that I’ve been a musical fan for 10 years—maybe more—depending on how you look at it!
2. What are your favorite musicals (top 5)?
· At the moment, my top five are: LES MIZ, ELISABETH, WICKED, CATS, and SCHIKANEDER!
3. What three musicals would you recommend to someone just starting to dip their feet into the musical theatre waters?
· To people who are just starting to get into musical theatre, I always like to recommend THE PHANTOM OF THE OPERA, WICKED, and OLIVER!. I feel like they’re really good musicals to really introduce someone to musical theatre!
4. Which musical(s) emotionally effect(s) you the most?
· LES MISÉRABLES is one of those that hits me hard, for sure. ELISABETH would also fit under this category. I think that I’d also put SCROOGE on this list as well. All of these musicals move me to tears in some way, and not just because of sad moments but also because of the high levels of hope and inspiration that are there as well.
5. What is a favorite musical that you’ve watched / listened to purely due to someone else’s recommendation?
· JEKYLL & HYDE, LESTAT, and A TALE OF TWO CITIES are three musicals that were recommended to my by a friend and I just fell in love with them!
6. Overall, what is your favorite aspect about musical theatre?
· The songs, the dance, and the overall spectacle of musicals. I think it’s pretty ironic that people think that musicals are all happy and sunshine and rainbows… but that’s not the case. In fact, the songs are portals for showing emotion whether those be happy or sad!
7. What musical(s) would you like to give a shoutout / recommendation?
· Hmm… A TALE OF TWO CITIES, WONDERLAND, TANZ DER VAMPIRE, SCHIKANEDER, ELISABETH, ARTUS EXCALIBUR, JEKYLL & HYDE, LESTAT, and CATS!
This was a really fun thing for me to do! What are your answers to the questions? Tschüss!