Guten Morgen, leute! Wie geht’s? Yesterday, @mphadventuregirl wrote a blog post entitled “Things That I Like That are Not Musicals” and I thought that it was a really good idea! I’ve realized that people probably think of me as “the girl who’s obsessed with musicals”… which I am! But there’s also more to me than that! So I thought I’d give you ten things besides musicals that I love. So, los geht’s?
1. Writing! Writing has been a really, really big part of my life ever since I can remember. I’ve always wanted to be a writer and I’ve already got a few novels down on paper. All I need to do is look for a publishing deal or publish them on my own! And I fully intend to do it!
2. Reading! I absolutely adore reading. Reading has always been one of my favorite pass times. I love reading all sorts of books but my favorites are classics, historical fiction, and just plain old fantasy!
3. Learning German! Learning German is just one of the most important parts of my life… to me, at least. People always ask me why I want to learn German so much. And really, that’s got a lot to do with my love for my culture as well as my general love for the language!
4. My hometown, Seattle! Sure, I want to get away from Seattle, that’s true… at least for a few years. But… I do love this city. It’s a beautiful city that’ll always be home to me, no matter how I look at it. From people running around in the rain sans umbrellas and raincoats to the Seattle Mariners (who will have a winning season one of these days), I just love and adore this city.
5. Board games! I love, love, love board games. Or well… I like games in general. Card games, board games, anything! Some of my favorites are Seven Wonders, Guillotine (don’t worry, it’s just a card game!), Ticket to Ride, and Dixit!
6. History! I absolutely adore history. I don’t know what it is, but I’ve always loved the story aspect of history. Oh, and I just love learning about things that have passed. I know, that’s weird but I think it’s a lot of fun and super interesting!
7. Quirky T-Shirts! Yep, quirky t-shirts are so my thing. I love, love, love any weird t-shirt I find. Seriously. My current favorite? A shirt that says “Gone Squatchin’!” Yep. I’m weird. But hey… I’m a good North westerner!
8. Dinosaurs! Ever since I was about two years old, dinosaurs have been a point of interest of mine. There’s just something about them that I find so very, very interesting and I love learning about them.
9. Dressing up in costumes! I absolutely love dressing up in costumes! Here’s a picture of when I dressed up as Enjolras last year! But, overall, I absolutely love costumes. Any opportunity I get, I’ll dress up in a costume.
10. Baseball! It’s almost baseball season again, guys! And I’m so, so excited about it! The Mariners are going to have a good season, I can just feel it. And sure, I say that every year. And sure, it’s been sixteen years since our last winning season. But we’re going to do great this year. I can feel it in my bones.
And that’s all for me today! Hope that this was interesting! Thanks again to @mphadventuregirl for letting me steal her idea! Tschüss!