Guten Morgen, leute! So, for today, I thought that I’d do my favorite underrated Disney songs! Kinda like with yesterday’s post, I think that there are a lot of Disney songs that people overlook a lot and it’s a real pity because so many of them are so great! For this list, I’m not really saying that these songs are unrecognized within the movie they’re from, but rather they’re oftentimes overlooked when Disney as a whole is looked at. Anyways, here’s my list! Los geht’s!
· “God Help the Outcasts” from THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME – This song isn’t, by any means, a song that is immensely unknown but I don’t think that it gets nearly enough recognition. And maybe that’s mostly due to the fact that the movie itself doesn’t get that much recognition. Nonetheless, this is a beautiful song that I think deserves more credit!
· “Out There” from THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME – “Out There”, again from THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME is one of those songs that I cannot believe that a lot of people don’t love. It’s the perfect “I Want” song and Quasimodo perfectly turns negative emotions into positive ones!
· “Stories” from BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: THE ENCHANTED CHRISTMAS – Since “Stories” comes from a movie that is a sequel, I’m not altogether too surprised that it’s not altogether well-known. However, it’s a beautiful song that fits Belle perfectly and I think that if more people knew about it, they would love it!
· “I Won’t Say I’m in Love” from HERCULES – Megara is one of my favorite Disney heroines and I think that this song is a lot of the reason why. “I Won’t Say I’m in Love” is very easily one of my favorite Disney songs and I think that we learn a lot about Megara from this song.
· “Zero to Hero” from HERCULES – In general, I don’t think that HERCULES gets enough attention, but man, I’ve never understood why this song isn’t more loved! It’s such a fun, upbeat song! Not to mention the fact that it really does tell a story!
· “I Can Go the Distance” from HERCULES – Disney’s really great with “I Want” songs and they really bring the characters to life. “I Can Go the Distance” is no exception here! I absolutely adore this song and the mix of emotions it brings to Hercules’s story!
· “For the First Time in Forever” from FROZEN – In the case of FROZEN, I feel like a lot of the songs kind of get pushed under the shadow of “Let it Go”. While it’s undeniable that “Let it Go” is a great song, I think that songs like “For the First Time in Forever” definitely deserve to get more recognition!
· “Mother Knows Best [Reprise]” from TANGLED – In general, when Disney does reprises, they’re amazing. This song is the perfect example of what I mean by that. I mean, I love “Mother Knows Best” but there’s something ten times more amazing about the reprise and I don’t even know what it is!
· “I’m Almost There” from THE PRINCESS AND THE FROG – This song never ceases to get me smiling. The German voice of Tiana, Cassandra Steen does a really great job at singing this song, and, especially with her, I can practically hear her smiling as she sings! That’s one of the best things, I think!
That’s it for me! What Disney songs do you think are underrated? Vielen dank und tschüss!