Hallo, leute!So, for today, I thought that I’d do the “Anything But Books” Tag except for well… with musicals! I know that I talk a lot about musicals on this blog, but well, musicals aren’t the only thing that I’m super passionate about or interested in, so I thought that this would be an interesting tag to do! Los geht’s!
1. Name a cartoon(s) that you love
Hmm… I’m trying to think back on all of the cartoons I’ve loved through all of the years! It’s been a while since I’ve watched a traditional cartoon but I remember that I really liked “Chalkzone” when I was younger. So… I guess I’ll go with that!
2. What is your favorite song right now?
At the moment? Well… since I’m doing this as an anything but musicals tag, I guess I have to pick a song that’s not from a musical… which is tough. At the moment, though, I’m really enjoying “Memories” by Within Temptation. It’s a really great song and I absolutely adore it!
3. What could you do for hours (that isn’t listening to / watching musicals)?
Well, I’d say reading, but I feel like that’s kinda going against the original purpose of this tag although I’m not using it for its original purpose… But, I could read, write, and talk politics for hours! Oh, and learn history. Man, I love history.
4. What is something you love to do that your followers would be surprised by?
I think that a lot of people would be surprised that I actually quite like watching baseball at the end of the day and working on writing projects.
5. What is your favorite unnecessarily specific thing to learn about?
Regency / Georgian / Victorian era trends and etiquette! Yeah, I’m weird, I know!
6. What is something unusual you know how to do?
I’m not sure if I know how to do anything particularly unusual, but I’m pretty good at people watching. That sounds really, really weird and kinda creepy, I know, but it’s not! Really, it’s not! It’s a writer thing. I find it immensely helpful to take my notebook with me to the mall or some other crowded area and just watch people and look for behavioral and characteristic differences between people. It helps me write my characters!
7. Name something you’ve made in the last year (and show us, if you can)
Hmm… something that I made? Well… I’ve made two books in the past year, but I don’t want to bother y’all with having you guys read the manuscripts—those things are each over 100,000 words!—but something that I can show you would be my book covers for both of my books, I suppose! Of course, if I get these published, I will get a professionally designed cover, but I think that these covers are pretty decent considering that I created them myself!
8. What is your most recent personal project?
My most recent personal project would be organizing my bookshelves, I guess! Does that count as a project?
9. Tell us something you think about often (maybe while staring out of windows)
Unfortunately, I oftentimes find myself thinking about things that I have to do which leads me to worry about them. However, one thing that I do rather enjoy thinking about are the weird dreams that I have and things that I want to do in the next few years. For example, I would really, really love to go to Germany one of these days!
10. Give us something that’s your favorite, but make it something oddly specific, not like your favorite food, but like your favorite food when you’ve been studying for hours and forgot to eat. Or, you know, something like that!
This is a really great question! Hmm… let me think about this for a moment. Something that’s my favorite but something that’s not exactly normal. Oh, I know! I just love that feeling of being able to sit around with my family and play a game for hours without getting tired of it. It’s one of the best things in the world, I think!
11. Lastly, say the first thing that pops into your head!
“Gift” in German means poison… so… if you want to give someone a present in Germany, don’t tell them that you’re giving them “ein Gift!” Just tell them that you’re giving them “ein Geschenk!”
And that’s it for me! Hope that this was interesting! Vielen Dank und tschüss!