Hallo, Leute! So, with finals coming to a close, I’m really anxious for summer to just arrive! But I’m excited for summer break to finally come around so I thought that I’d write about some of the things I’m really looking forward to in summer!
1. Good weather! In Seattle, you get pretty used to rain consistently throughout the year but in the summer time, we oftentimes get some nice weather and that is something I always look forward to!
2. More leisure time! During finals I get swamped in studying and don’t get to do as much reading and writing as I’d like so I look forward to being able to do these things when summer comes!
3. Sleeping in late(r)! I look forward to this anytime I don’t have to go to school, but I look forward to months of being able to sleep in later than usual in the summer!
4. The fourth of July! It’s been years since I’ve spent a proper Independence Day with my family and I am so excited to be able to be around this time and just join in the festivities, celebrating our nation’s independence!
5. Being able to spend my birthday at home! Like the issue with the fourth of July, I haven’t been able to spend my birthday at home for the past couple of years but this year, I will be able to and I’m so excited to!
6. Walks in the park! Seattle’s full of pretty parks and just nice places to hang out on warm days and so I’m looking forward to that sort of thing! I always look forward to going to the troll bridge and kite hill in Seattle in the summer!
7. Camping! I love camping, especially in the summer time when it’s not cold outside! So, hopefully I’ll be able to go camping for at least a few days this summer!
8. Family Olympics! My dad’s side of the family does a family Olympics thing every year and while I don’t generally participate in the games, I love watching them and keeping the scoreboard up to date (as that’s usually my job)! But I might join in for a few events this year!
9. Watching some Mariners games! As I’m writing this, I’m actually watching the Mariners game on TV but man, nothing quite beats a day out at Safeco field! This year’s been one of those weird years in which I haven’t gone to see a game yet but hopefully I will see a few this summer!
10. Doing some photoshoots with my cousins! My aunt’s a photographer so she likes to take pictures of my cousins and I and apparently she’s got something fun planned for a July photoshoot and I’m pretty excited!
So, that’s ten things I’m looking forward to this summer! What things are you looking forward to? Vielen Dank und tschüss!