Guten Morgen, Leute! Yesterday, as it hit 85 degrees Fahrenheit in Seattle, I decided that it was high time to do a little spring wrap-up of my reading! I’ll admit that my spring reading was largely disappointing and I found my ratings for most books I read to be relatively low. However, there were also a few really great books I read this spring and I thought that I’d talk about some of those books that I really enjoyed this month!
- Friday’s Child by Georgette Heyer – This easily makes its way onto the list! I read this one all in one day and I just loved eveyone about it! The characters were so much fun and I really just loved the overall setting and plot of the story! This book probably is one I’d recommend if you like Jane Austen or historical fiction!
- The Convenient Marriage by Georgette Heyer – More Heyer? Yep! This one, like Friday’s Child, was immense fun and I was laughing and smiling the whole time I was reading! While I think that I liked Hero (Friday’s Child) more than Horatia (The Convenient Marriage), Marcus Drelincourt (usually just referred to as Rule) was quite a refreshing character in contrast to Anthony “Sherry” Verelst from Friday’s Child.
- Faro’s Daughter by Georgette Heyer – Last Heyer book on the list, promise! While I definitely liked this one less than the other two, this was a very fun book all the same and I still gave it 4-5 stars! Overall, this was a blast to read and the constant war between Debbie and Max was very amusing and fun to read!
- The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin – This was another book that I just devoured this month! While I can’t really explain what the story is about without spoiling stuff, I will say that it might be the best YA fiction book that I’ve read recently! The characters were interesting and I found myself constantly wanting more! Now I just need to get my hands on the rest of the books!
- The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer – These books were absolutely phenomenal! I have no idea as to why I put off reading them for so long! These books are very new, original, and fun sci-fi fantasy fairytale retellings and man, did I just fly through them! If you like fantasy and if you like fairytales, then these books are definitely a must-read!
So, those were my top 5 reads this spring! What books did you read that you really enjoyed? Danke und tschüss!