Hallo, Leute! It’s finally the weekend! It’s been a really long week for me and I’m so glad to finally get to be able to just take it easy for a few days! I’ve been writing a lot recently and while it’s a lot of fun, it also can be somewhat draining! But, for today, I thought that I’d do a little post about books that I plan to read this summer! It hasn’t really felt like summer in Seattle until just this past week (as I write this, it’s currently raining and in the middle of a thunderstorm but…)so I thought that it was due time to do a post like this! Los geht’s!
· Sabriel, Lirael, and Abhorsen by Garth Nix – As of right now, I’ve finished Sabriel and am halfway through Lirael but I thought that I would put them on the list anyways! These books are the books of a fantasy trilogy and I’m loving it so far! I can’t wait to finish reading Lirael and Abhorsen. The characters are amazing and the world building is pretty awesome!
· Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan – I’m planning on rereading the whole series this summer! I just went out and bought all of the books recently and so I thought that I’d reread them as it’s been years since I read them all! I think it’ll be a lot of fun to relive these stories and become reacquainted with all of the characters!
· Harry Potter by J.K. Rowling – I also went out and bought these books recently so I’m going to do a reread of these as well! I haven’t read them for over six years now so I think that it’s high time for a reread! It’ll be fun to go through all of those adventures again and I’ll just be glad to be immersed in the magical world once again!
· The Books of Pellinor by Alison Croggon – I read this fantasy series a little while back but I don’t really remember much about them other than the characters and how much I loved it so I definitely need to reread these! They’re a little lengthy so they’ll be perfect for a summer read!
· Since You’ve Been Gone and The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson – Ever since falling in love with Morgan Matson’s books back in December, I’ve known that I’d definitely have to reread these books for summer and that’s what I plan to do! These are really quick contemporary reads and really just perfect for summer!
· Catch-22 by Joseph Heller – This one is something of a modern classic and I’ve been meaning to read it for years now so I’m finally hoping to get to it this year! One of my best friends read it years ago in eighth grade and so I’m finally going to do what she’s been asking me to do for years and read it!
· The Devil’s Arithmetic by Jane Yolen – I remember reading this book back in sixth grade while we were doing a Holocaust unit and I absolutely fell in love with this book. I finally went out and bought my own copy so I plan on rereading this one this summer as well!
· The Arabian Nights – I found a copy of this at the bookstore when I was there last and this is one of those books that I’ve always wanted to read but I’ve never been able to so I definitely want to read this this summer! It’s a pretty hefty book but I definitely plan to work my way through it!
· The Neverending Story by Michael Ende – This was a childhood favorite of mine and was actually the first chapter book that I ever read. I’ve reread it several times since but I definitely want to reread it again! It’s one of those books that is really hard to get tired of because there’s always something new to be discovered every time you read it. It’s such a fun story and I can’t wait to reread it!
· Momo by Michael Ende – When I originally read this book in sixth grade I was pretty unsure about what I thought about it but its story has stuck with me after all those years and so I decided that I want to reread it to see if I like it any better now. I feel like a lot of the story might have went over my head as a sixth grader and I really want to give it another chance. I do remember it having some pretty amazing scenes so I know that there’s definite potential with this one!
So, that’s my pretty long TBR list for this summer! Hopefully I’ll be able to get to all of them! If I manage to make my way through all of these with still more time to spare I think that I’d definitely like to reread The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien again as it’s been a while since I’ve read those. They’re some of my favorite books so it’ll be awesome to revisit them if I have enough time!
What books do you plan to read this summer? Vielen Dank und tschüss!