Hallo, Leute! Today, I’ve taken upon myself a fairly difficult task: narrowing down my favorite musical songs down to ten. First, I’d like to say that mostly, these are the songs that I just think about, sing, and/or just flat out love the most at the moment. This list is ever-changing and is really just what I have in mind right now. Alright! Los geht’s!
1. “Der Schleier fällt” from ELISABETH – This song is just magnificent all around. For me, it’s a perfect bittersweet finale and I just love it! The lyrics are absolutely beautiful. I’m constantly singing and humming this to myself.
2. “Empty Chairs at Empty Tables” from LES MISÉRABLES – This song was one that I didn’t initially think much of but now love. The emotion carried in this song is absolutely phenomenal and I love everything about it. I believe that this is a song from LES MIZ that 100% deserves more credit.
3. “Träum groß” from SCHIKANEDER – I absolutely adore how lighthearted yet determined this song is. It was this song that got me rooting for Emanuel even though he is a very flawed person.
4. “I Can’t Recall” from A TALE OF TWO CITIES – This musical is loaded with beautiful songs but this one is (probably) my favorite. Sydney Carton’s emotions here are portrayed so well. Everything about it just… works.
5. “Too Much in Love To Care” from SUNSET BOULEVARD – It’s no secret that I love a good love story. This song from SUNSET BOULEVARD is easily my favorite love song from musical theatre!
6. “For Good” from WICKED – This song has always been one that’s close to my heart. It’s just such a beautiful song and makes me cry every time.
7. “If I Can’t Love Her” + the reprise from BEAUTY AND THE BEAST – One thing that I’ve always loved about the stage show of BEAUTY AND THE BEAST is this song. It’s such a powerful, wonderful song and I love it so much!
8. “Elisabeth, mach auf” from ELISABETH – This song is awesome because of how amazing the emotions are. So many characters are feeling so many things and I absolutely love it!
9. “Corner of the Sky” from PIPPIN – This song is absolutely amazing. I just love it so much! Really, I do! It’s such a fun, beautiful song that really just introduces you to Pippin in the best possible way.
10. “I Love the Way” from SOMETHING ROTTEN! – This song just makes me grin ear-to-ear because it’s such an adorable love song. It’s just plain cute and I adore it for that!
So, that’s it for me! What are some of your all-time favorite songs from musicals? Danke schön und tschüss!