Hallo, Leute! So, for today, I thought that I’d talk a little about the types of music that I listen to when I’m not listening to songs from musicals! I hope that you guys like this! Los geht’s!
- SILBERMOND – I thought that I’d start out with Silbermond because, as I write this, I’m listening to their song “Durch die Nacht” [Through the Night]! Silbermond is a German metal/rock band and I love them so much! Their band name means “Silver moon.” In general, their songs are pretty awesome and I just love the stories they manage to tell with their lyrics! Some of my favorite songs from these guys are “Das Beste” [The Best], “Irgendwas bleibt” [Something That Remains], “Krieger des Licht” [Circle of Lights], and “Durch die Nacht” [Through the Night].
- WITHIN TEMPTATION – Within Temptation is a Dutch symphonic metal band but all of their songs are in English and they have been a favorite of mine since back in 2010. Their lyrics (especially from their earlier albums) are really meaningful and tell stories. Sharon den Adel also has stunning vocals! Some of my favorite songs of theirs are “Memories”, “Hand of Sorrow”, “Angels”, “Bittersweet”, “Out Farewell”, and “Frozen.”
- GEORGE FRIEDRICH HÄNDEL – My favorite classical music composer is Händel and I definitely love listening to his music! I was brought up listening to his oratorio “The Messiah” and that remains my favorite piece of classical music. His “Water Music” is also really good and I love listening to it!
- J.S. BACH – My dad’s favorite composer has always been J.S. Bach, and because of this, I listened to a lot of his music while I was growing up. He definitely wrote some beautiful music and I especially love his BWV 201, “Gerschwinde, ihr wirbelden Winde” and my favorite song from that composition is “Pan ist meister, lasst ihn gehen.”
- HYMNS – Hymns are some of my favorite things to listen to, especially in tough times as I find that they always manage to cheer me up and make me feel happier. Some of my favorite hymns are “I Know That My Redeemer Lives”, “A Mighty Fortress is Our God”, “What a Friend We Have in Jesus”, “I Walk in Danger All the Way”, “Chief of Sinners Though I Be”, and “Jesus, Savior Pilot Me.”
What music do you listen to? Vielen Dank und tschüss!