Guten Morgen, Leute! A little while ago I wrote a post about my current top 10 favorite musicals and well, in short, today I thought that I would share my top 5 favorite songs from the top 2 on that list! Los geht’s!
One my list I had ELISABETH in the top spot. It’s a musical that I find deeply inspiring and relatable. It’s got many amazing characters and the story is a very unique one that I’ve never seen anywhere else before. I really think it is a creative musical full of interesting symbolism and such. The songs are phenomenal and, all in all, I really think that it’s a beautiful musical! But what are my favorite songs? Well… here they are:
- “Der Schleier fällt” [The Veil Descends] is one of the most beautiful finales that I’ve ever seen in my life. The lyrics are so gorgeous and I love every bit of it.
- “Wie du” [Like You] is such a sweet song and I simply can’t help but love this song and this scene. I love seeing how childlike Sisi is and I also really enjoy seeing how much she loves her father. This scene also really does show how much Sisi yearns to have a more exciting, full life.
- “Ich gehör nur mir” [I Belong (Only) To Me] really serves as the overarching musical theme of the musical and I absolutely adore it. I’ve always thought that it was such a wonderful song. And, the scene itself is pretty awesome as well!
- “Elisabeth mach auf” [Elisabeth Open Up] is one of those songs that I could listen to on repeat all day and not get tired of it. It’s one of those songs! There’s so much emotion poured into this song and, if you’re into unrequited love, that’s all over the place in this song! I just love everything about this song!
- “Alle tanzten mit dem Tod” [Everyone Has Danced With Death] is a song that I constantly find myself repeating on my iPod. In my opinion, it’s the perfect opening song and really sets up the story and the characters perfectly and I love it for that. It’s also just really an exciting song and I love it for that!
2. LES MISÉRABLES
My list had LES MIZ in at 2nd place but really, it could technically be tied with ELISABETH for 1st depending on how I think about it. LES MIZ has so many beautiful songs and wonderful characters and I just absolutely love it! It’s an inspirational, yet heartbreaking story and I love it for that!
- “Empty Chairs at Empty Tables” is the song that first comes to mind when I think of my favorite songs from LES MISÉRABLES. It’s one of the saddest songs in the musical and man, the emotions in this song are very real and vivid.
- “I Dreamed a Dream” is one of those songs from LES MIZ that practically everyone has heard at least once in their lives. It’s an absolutely beautiful song and I love it so much.
- “On My Own” is a song that I fell in love with almost immediately. I remember it being one of the songs that stuck with me after the first watching. It’s also the song that has led me to love Éponine’s character so much.
- “Do You Hear the People Sing” has been stuck in my head for well… forever, it would seem. It’s sich a wonderful rallying song and I love it so much!
- “Final Battle” is a song that I, for some reason really love. It’s full of great lyrics and really, in this moment, I feel so connected with the revolutionaries and the cause.
What are your favorite songs from your favorite musicals? Danke ubd tschüss!